Thursday, May 30, 2019

Scrap Quilt Challenge for May 2019

As I'm getting ready to blog to you about my June scrap quilt I realize I didn't reveal the quilt for May. I really thought I did but... Here it is! I created this quilt inspired by Quiltville.com Bonie Hunter's Scrappy Mountain Majesties. I used the Batik fabric samples I mentioned in my last blog post. Those along with my scrap stash of Batiks, I made this month's quilt. Visit Bonnie's site and see how many different layouts you can create for this one block. Another one of my favorites is Weed Wacker.

While I had the Batik scrap buckets out I stared to plan for my next scrap quilt. The quilt for June uses one of Deb Tucker's Technique Sheets along with the Wing Clipper and Tucker Trimmer tools.
I'll post the finished quilt in a few days.

How have you been doing with your scrap quilts? Have you done any quilts using up your scraps or your stash? Last week I was at a retreat with my girls out in Woodstock Connecticut. It was fabulous. My quilt for July uses strings. Lots of fabric string. I'm almost finished with the blocks and the buckets still look as full of strings as they did when I started.
For August I'm going to do a string quilt using my Batik strings. I'm getting ahead of myself....
Stringing along in Woodstock CT



Spider Web String Block

No comments:

Post a Comment