Friday, January 31, 2020

New Home for Sewcations

Holiday Inn Express & Suites, Sturbridge MA New Home of Sewcations

The best part of being the owner of Sturbridge Quilting and Sewing Center was hosting Sewcations. An original concept, Sewcations are Sewing Vacations! For many years sewcations have been the place where stitchers can spend time with others that share their interest in all things fabric and fun. Sewcations are retreats where you can stitch for days but still sleep in your own bed. But some of my stitching friends live in New York and Connecticut so they stay at one of Sturbridge’s many hotels. Meals and lodging are on your own making sewcations a great value.

With the shop closed sewcation fans would not let it go. We did a test sewcation in July 2019. I hoped that I would get at least 15 attendees to meet expenses. After a few days of selling spots to my first sewcation at Holiday Inn Sturbridge I started to get nervous when my notifications from my website shop were blowing up my phone!  How exciting! I had to close registration at 30 attendees. Some were left out and others had so much fun they told their friends all about the fun. When I opened registration for January 2020 a made sure I reserved the whole Gateway Ballroom - just over 3,000 square feet! Again, I had to close registration after 45 stitchers made reservations. The hotel gives us a really great group rate on rooms so lots of the attendees stay at the hotel and make it a fantastic retreat. The picture above shows most of the sewing room setup for 49 stitching stations. Lots of elbow room, cutting and ironing stations and space to enjoy sewing away the weekend.

My schedule for Sewcations this year are posted on my website were you can purchase your seat and join in on the fun. Maybe I’ll see you there!

Here are a few more pictures from January 2020 Sewcation.

























No comments:

Post a Comment